The Department of Agricultural Economics accepts change of major applications throughout the academic year. The application deadlines for On-Campus Change of Major students are 5:00pm on the following days.
For Spring Semester December 10
For Summer/Fall Semester May 10
For Fall Semester August 10
Decisions are made at the conclusion of each semester after final grades have been posted. Students will be notified of their application decision shortly after TAMU grades are posted either by phone or via university email.
- Student offered admission in the Department of Agricultural Economics are REQUIRED to attend a New Student Meeting (to be held prior to the start of each semester)
- Change of major paperwork is completed ONLY at the New Student Meeting
Minimum criteria that must be met to be considered an On-Campus Change of Major Applicant for the Agribusiness (AGBU) & Agriculture Economics (AGEC) majors:
Application decisions for the AGBU major are made on a competitive basis; therefore, just meeting the minimum requirements will not make a successful applicant.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPR of a 2.75 on ALL course work attempted at TAMU
- Have completed at least 12 graded hours at TAMU.
- Have successfully completed both MATH 141 and MATH 142 (We will accept MATH 166 or MATH 152 for MATH 141 and MATH 131 or MATH 151 for MATH 142)
- Have successfully completed a minimum of six (6) hours from the following list of courses: AGEC 105 (Not a priority course), ACCT 229, ACCT 230, ECON 202, ECON 203
Additional applicant information regarding New Student Meetings will be sent to applicants after their on-campus change of major application has been received.