The Department of Agricultural Economics accepts a change of major applications throughout the academic
year. The application deadlines for On-Campus Change of Major students are 5:00pm on the following days.
For Spring Semester December 10
For Summer/Fall Semester May 10
For Fall Semester July 10
The minimum requirements necessary to be considered for admission into the Department of Agricultural
Economics as an on-campus change of major applicant are listed below. Admission into the AGBU program is
competitive and meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee that you will be accepted into the
- Must have completed at least 12 graded hours at TAMU.
- Must have a minimum cumulative TAMU GPR of 2.75 or higher.
- Must have completed at least 2 of the following courses: AGEC 105; ACCT 209/229; ACCT 210/230;
ECON 202; ECON 203.
- Must have completed MATH 140 or the equivalent to this course.
- Must have completed MATH 142 or the equivalent to this course.
- Must have a GPR of at least a 2.0 in major. AGBU applicants must have a GPR of at least a 2.0 in CBK courses. Only courses attempted at TAMU will be used in the GPR calculations for these areas.
Major course work for AGEC students are any AGEC courses.
- Major course work for AGBU students are: AGEC 105, ECON 323, AGEC 317, AGEC 340, AGEC 414, AGEC
429, and AGEC 430 or ECON 311.
- CBK course work for AGBU students are: ECON 202; ECON 203; ACCT 229; ACCT 230; MGMT 211; AGEC
217; STAT 303, 302, 301, or SCMT 303; SCMT 364; FINC 341; MGMT 363; MKTG 321; AGEC 440; and
- In addition to meeting the above requirements, Blinn Team students must also meet the terms of their
Blinn Team contract in order to be considered for possible acceptance into the AGEC Department.
Applications are reviewed at the end of the Spring Semester, Summer I Term, and Fall Semester after TAMU
grades are posted. Transfer coursework needed to meet application requirements must be posted on your
HOWDY transcript by the following deadlines.
December 10, 2018
May 10, 2018
July 10, 2018
Deadline for Transfer Classes to be on TAMU Transcript
January 3, 2019
May 16, 2019
July 18, 2019
It is the student’s responsibility to make sure courses completed at other colleges are transferred to TAMU. If
your grades are not on your TAMU transcript in HOWDY by 5:00 p.m. on the transcript deadline, your
application will be denied and you will need to reapply during the next application window