- How can I be forced into a class?
- How do I Q-Drop a course?
- When can I register for classes?
- How do I meet with an advisor?
- How can I find a part-time job?
- I am taking classes at another school. Where do I send my transcript?
- How can I get in touch with one of my professors?
Students unable to register for an AGEC course may submit a force request. Submitting a force request DOES NOT GUARANTEE you will be forced into your requested AGEC course(s). When force request decisions are made, students will contacted via email advising as to whether or not the force request has been granted. In all cases, it is your responsibility to verify your student schedule to see whether or not you have been added to the course after your force has been approved. The priorities in which forces are allocated within each course/section are as follows:
- AGEC/AGBU students who are graduating in the upcoming semester;
- Students who are non-majors that are graduating in the upcoming semester;
- All other AGEC/AGBU/AGBL students; and
- All other non-majors.
**Each department has its own rules about forcing. For non AGEC courses (e.g., history, math, music, etc.) you must contact the department offering the course to inquire about their “forcing” policy. Advisors in the Department of Agricultural Economics cannot force students into non-AGEC courses
For complete information regarding Q-Drops please visit: http://student-rules.tamu.edu/rule01 and read section 1.16. To locate the Q-Drop form please visit http://registrar.tamu.edu/. After you have completed the form, you must print the form, sign and date it, and bring it to the Agriculture and Life Sciences Building, Room 214 for processing. The form must be delivered prior to the posted Q-Drop deadline.
- Q-drop deadlines are posted on the University’s academic calendar
- Q’s are recorded on the student’s transcript; however, it does not affect the computation of the student’s GPR.
Your registration date and time can be viewed in the http://howdy.tamu.edu under the ‘MyRecord’ tab. The complete undergraduate registration schedule can be found at http://registrar.tamu.edu/current/regschedules.aspx.
The Department of Agricultural Economics has three full-time academic advisors. To schedule an appointment you must call 979-845-4911. Do not email the advisors directly requesting an appointment.
All of our advisors are located in Room 214 of the Agriculture and Life Sciences Building. These academic advisors see students on an appointment only basis. You are not assigned an advisor; however, you may request to meet with an advisor of your choice.
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
You may email an advisor using the addresses listed on our Contact Us page.
Office of Admissions Texas A&M University P. O. Box 30014 College Station, TX 77842-3014 If you are a degree candidate for the semester in which the transcript is being submitted, please request that your official transcript be sent to: Degree Audit Texas A&M University P. O. Box 30018 College Station, TX 77842-3018 Transcripts must be received directly from the issuing institution or in a sealed envelope.
To contact an AGEC professor, visit the Department faculty pages. To contact a professor in another department, try one of the following:
- https://services.tamu.edu/directory-search/ and search using their last name.
- View their course syllabus provided the first week of class.
- Visit their department website and look for faculty contact information.