The application deadlines for On-Campus Change of Major students are 5:00 p.m. on the following days:
For Spring Semester December 10
For Summer/Fall Semester May 10
For Fall Semester August 10
The minimum requirements necessary to be considered for admission into the Department of Agricultural Economics as an on-campus change of major applicant are listed below. Admission into the AGBU program is competitive. Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee that you will be accepted into the AGBU program.
- Must have completed at least 12 graded hours at TAMU.
- Must have a minimum cumulative TAMU GPR of at least a 2.75.
- Must have completed at least 2 of the following courses: AGEC 105; ACCT 209/229; ACCT 210/230; ECON 202; ECON 203. (ACCT 209 and ACCT 210 are not accepted for the AGBU program)
- Must have completed MATH 141 (we will accept MATH 140, MATH 152, or MATH 166 for this requirement).
- Must have completed MATH 142 (we will accept MATH 131, MATH 147, MATH 151, or MATH 171 for this requirement).
- Must have a minimum GPR of at least a 2.0 in major courses and if applying to the AGBU program a GPR of at least 2.0 in CBK courses. Only courses attempted at TAMU will be used the GPR calculations for these areas.
- Major coursework for AGEC students are all AGEC courses.
- Major coursework for AGBU students are: AGEC 105, ECON 323, AGEC 317, AGEC 340, AGEC 414, AGEC 429, AGEC 431 and AGEC 430/ECON 311.
- CBK course work for AGBU students are: ECON 202, ECON 203, ACCT 229, ACCT 230, MGMT 211, AGEC 217, SCMT 303, SCMT 364, FINC 341, MGMT 363, MKTG 321,AGEC 105, AGEC 440, and AGEC 481.
- In addition to meeting the above requirements, Blinn TEAM students must also meet the terms of their Blinn TEAM contract in order to be considered for possible acceptance into the AGEC Department.
All applications will be reviewed after grades are posted. Applicants will be notified of their admission decision by email. If your change of major request is denied, you must reapply if you would like to be considered for admission for the next admission period.