On-Campus Change of Major Applicants
Department of Agricultural Economics – September 2019
The application process for submitting an on campus change of major application will change after Fall 2019; however, the Department of Agricultural Economics’ coursework and GPR requirements will remain the same. If you will be applying as a change of major after fall 2019, please contact our department for details regarding the application process for the Spring 2020 semester.
To submit a change of major application for Spring 2020, the deadline to submit your application will be December 10, 2019 and the application can be found here.
The minimum requirements necessary to be considered for admission into the Department of Agricultural Economics as an on-campus change of major applicant are listed below. Admission into the AGBU program is competitive and meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee that you will be accepted into the AGBU program.
- Must have completed at least 12 graded hours at TAMU.
- Must have a minimum cumulative TAMU GPR of 2.75 or higher.
- Must have completed at least 2 of the following courses: AGEC 105; ACCT 209/229; ACCT 210/230; ECON 202; ECON 203.
- Must have completed MATH 140 or the equivalent to this course.
- Must have completed MATH 142 or the equivalent to this course.
- Must have a GPR of at least a 2.0 in major. AGBU applicants must have a GPR of at least a 2.0 in CBK courses. Only courses attempted at TAMU will be used in the GPR calculations for these areas.
- Major course work for AGEC students are any AGEC courses.
- Major course work for AGBU students are: AGEC 105, ECON 323, AGEC 317, AGEC 340, AGEC 414, AGEC 429, and AGEC 430 or ECON 311.
- CBK course work for AGBU students are: ECON 202; ECON 203; ACCT 229; ACCT 230; MGMT 211; AGEC 217; STAT 303, 302, 301, or SCMT 303; SCMT 364; FINC 341; MGMT 363; MKTG 321; AGEC 440; and AGEC 481.
- In addition to meeting the above requirements, Blinn Team students must also meet the terms of their Blinn Team contract in order to be considered for possible acceptance into the AGEC Department.
Applications for Spring 2020 will be reviewed at the end of the Fall Semester after TAMU grades are posted. It is the student’s responsibility to make sure courses completed at other colleges are transferred to TAMU, this coursework must be posted on your HOWDY transcript by January 6, 2020.
If your grades are not on your TAMU transcript in HOWDY by 5:00 p.m. on the transcript deadline, your application will be denied and you will need to reapply during the next application window.
Applicants will be notified of their admission decision by email. If your change of major request is denied, you must reapply if you would like to be considered for possible admission in a future admission period.
If you are offered admission to the Department of Agricultural Economics, you will receive information regarding the steps that you must complete to accept your admission into the program. You will be required to attend a mandatory new student meeting. We will hold the new student meeting on Wednesday evening of the second week of classes in the fall and spring semesters.