STUDENTS IN THE DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
Students in the Department of Agricultural Economics (AGBL, AGBU, AGEC) who left TAMU with a minimum GPR of 2.0 overall, in major, and for AGBL/AGBU students in Common Body of Knowledge (CBK) courses will be automatically accepted for readmission into the same major they were in before leaving.
Students in the Department of Agricultural Economics who left TAMU with a grade deficiency overall, in major, or CBKs (or any combination of areas) must have been offered a contract from the Department of Agricultural Economics outlining conditions that must be met in order to be offered readmission into the Department. This contract must be issued at the time the student leaves the Department.
STUDENTS FROM OTHER MAJORS SEEKING READMISSION INTO THE DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
The minimum requirements necessary to be considered for readmission into the Department of Agricultural Economics from other TAMU majors (e.g. POLS, CVEL, BIOL, ANSC, etc.) are listed below. Admission into the AGBU program is competitive and meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee that you will be accepted into the AGBU program.
- Their cumulative GPR at Texas A&M must be a 2.75 or higher and they must have completed a minimum of 12 hours of coursework at TAMU.
- When completing the online application for readmission (www.applytexas.org) to either AGEC or AGBU, they must include an essay that explains (a.) why they want an AGEC or AGBU degree, and (b.) how will having an AGEC or AGBU degree help them meet their career goals.
- Students seeking readmission to the AGEC degree must have a GPR of at least a 2.0 in major courses attempted at TAMU (any course with the AGEC prefix is considered a course in major.)
- Students seeking readmission to the AGBU degree must have a GPR of at least a 2.0 in major courses attempted at TAMU (AGEC 105, AGEC 317, AGEC 340, AGEC 414, AGEC 429, AGEC 431, ECON 322 or 323, & AGEC 430/ECON311 are considered major courses in AGBU.)
- Students seeking readmission to the AGBU degree must have a GPR of at least a 2.0 in Common Body of Knowledge (CBK) courses attempted at TAMU (ACCT 229, ACCT 230, AGEC 217, AGEC 440, AGEC 481, ECON 202, ECON 203, MGMT 211, MGMT 363, SCMT 303/STAT 303/STAT 301/STAT 302, SCMT 364, FINC 341, and MKTG 321 are considered CBK courses.)
ALL students who meet the above criteria wishing to apply for readmission must complete the online readmission application located at (www.applytexas.org).
For additional information regarding readmission including application deadlines, please visit http://admissions.tamu.edu/other/readmit. General readmission questions should be directed to the Texas A&M University Admissions Office at 979-845-1060. This office handles all correspondence with students regarding the readmission application process and notification of acceptance or rejection of applications. The Department of Agricultural Economics Undergraduate Office communicates application decisions to the Office of Admissions through the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Dean’s Office. The Department of Agricultural Economics Undergraduate Office will NOT convey application decisions directly to student applicants or others inquiring on their behalf.