The minimum requirements necessary to be considered for transfer admission into the Department of Agricultural Economics to the AGEC program are listed below. Admission into the AGEC program is competitive and meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee that you will be accepted into the AGEC program.
- Have completed at least 24 graded transferable hours with a cumulative GPA of at least a 2.75.
- Have completed MATH 140 (we will accept MATH 152 for this requirement.)
- Have completed MATH 142 (we will accept MATH 151 for this requirement.)
- Have completed at least 3 of the following 5 courses: AGEC 105; ECON 202; ECON 203; ACCT 229; or ACCT 230.
On the following subset of priority courses, your GPR on all classes attempted must be at least a 2.75. Completion of all listed courses is NOT required for admission, but your GPR on the listed courses must be at least a 2.75
- MATH 140 or 152
- MATH 142 or 151
- ACCT 229
- ACCT 230
- ECON 202
- ECON 203
- AGEC 105
As a transfer applicant, you are required to complete Essay A as part of the application. Open the Essay A document and answer the following questions in your essay:
- Why do you want an Agricultural Economics Degree?
- How will an Agricultural Economics Degree help you meet your career goals?
- Explain any excessive grades of D’s, F’s, Q’s, N/G’s, and/or W’s (3 or more), if necessary.
For application deadlines, please visit the following website – http://admissions.tamu.edu/transfer/apply.