About Dr. Wu:
Dr. Wu is a Professor at the Department of Agricultural Economics, Texas A&M University. He earned his bachelor at Peking University and Ph.D. at University of California, Berkeley. His research interests include econometrics, applied microeconomics, development economics and labor economics.
Econometrics, Applied Microeconomics, Development Economics, Labor Economics
- J. Lin and X. Wu. A sequential test for the specification of predictive densities. Econometrics Journal, 2017.
- K. Wen and X. Wu. Smoothed kernel conditional density estimation. Economics Letters, 152:112–116, 2017.
- Y. Zhang, X. Wu, and Q. Li. A simple consistent nonparametric estimator of the lorenz curve. Advances in Econometrics, 36:635–654, 2016.
- Y. Fang, Q. Li, X. Wu, and D. Zhang. A data-driven smooth test of symmetry. Journal of Econometrics,188:490–501, 2015.
- K. Wen and X. Wu. An improved transformation-based kernel estimator of densities on the unit interval. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 110:773–783, 2015.
- J. Lin and X. Wu. Smooth tests of copula specifications. Journal of Business and Economic Statistics, 33:128–143, 2015.
- Y. Gao, Y. Zhang, and X. Wu. Penalized exponential series estimation of copula densities with an application to intergenerational dependence of body mass index. Empirical Economics, 48:61–81, 2015.
- M. Chang and X. Wu. Transformation-based nonparametric estimation of multivariate densities. Journal of Multivariate Analysis, 135:71–88, 2015.
- K. Sukcharoen, T. Zohrabyan, D. Leatham, and X. Wu. Interdependence of oil prices and stock market indices: A copula approach. Energy Economics, 44:331–339, 2014.
- T. Dang, D. Leatham, B. McCarl, and X. Wu. Measuring efficiency within the farm credit system. Agricultural Finance Review, 74:38–54, 2014.
- X. Villavicencio, B. McCarl, X. Wu, and W. Huffman. Climate change influences on agricultural research productivity. Climatic Change, 119:815–824, 2013.
- X. Wu and S. Wang. Information theoretic asymptotic approximations for distributions of statistics. Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, 38:130–146, 2011.
- X. Wu. Exponential series estimator of multivariate densities. Journal of Econometrics, 156:354–366, 2010.
- T. Stengos and X. Wu. Information theoretic distribution tests with applications to normality. Econometric Reviews, 29(3):307–329, 2010.
- J. R. Corrigan, D. P. T. Depositario, R. M. Nayga, X. Wu, and T. P. Laude. Comparing open-ended choice experiments and experimental auctions: An application to golden rice. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 91(3):837–853, 2009.
- B. A. McCarl, X. Villavicencio, and X. Wu. Climate change and future analysis: Is stationarity dying? American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 90(5):1241–1247, 2008.
- J. M. Perloff and X. Wu. Tax incidence varies across the price distribution. Economics Letters, 96(1):116–119, 2007.
- X. Wu and J. M. Perloff. Gmm estimation of a maximum entropy distribution with interval data. Journal of Econometrics, 138(2):532–546, 2007.
- X. Wu, J. M. Perloff, and A. Golan. Effects of government policies on urban and rural income inequality. Review of Income and Wealth, 52(2):213–235, 2006.
- X. Wu and T. Stengos. Partially adaptive estimation via the maximum entropy densities. Econometrics Journal, 8(3):352–366, 2005.
- X. Wu and J. M. Perloff. China’s income distribution, 1985-2001. Review of Economics and Statistics, 87(4):763–775, 2005.
- X. Wu. Calculation of maximum entropy densities with application to income distribution. Journal of Econometrics, 115(2):347–354, 2003.