Department of Agricultural Economics
Off-Campus Transfer Requirement for
Agricultural Economic (AGEC) and Agribusiness (AGBU) Majors
The minimum requirements necessary to be considered for transfer admission into the Department of Agricultural Economics are listed below. Admission into the AGBU program is competitive and meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee that you will be accepted into the AGBU program.
- Have completed at least 24 graded transferable hours with a cumulative GPA of at least a 2.75.
- Have completed MATH 140 or MATH 141 or MATH 166 (we will accept MATH 152 for this requirement.)
- Have completed MATH 142 (we will accept MATH 151 for this requirement.)
- Have completed at least 2 of the following 5 courses: AGEC 105; ECON 202; ECON 203; ACCT 229; or ACCT 230.
- On the following subset of priority courses, your GPR on all classes attempted must be at least a 2.75. Completion of all listed courses is NOT required for admission, but your GPR on the listed courses must be at least a 2.75.
- ENGL 104 or ENGL 103
- COMM 203
- MATH 140 or 141 or 152 or 166
- MATH 142 or 151
- MGMT 211
- ACCT 229
- ACCT 230
- ECON 202
- ECON 203
- AGEC 105
- As a transfer applicant you are required to complete Essay A as part of the application. Open the Essay A document and answer the following questions in your essay:
- Why do you want an Agribusiness/Agricultural Economics Degree?
- How will an Agribusiness/Agricultural Economics Degree help you meet your career goals?
- Explain any excessive grades of D’s, F’s, Q’s, N/G’s, and/or W’s (3 or more), if necessary.
- For application deadlines, please visit the following website – http://admissions.tamu.edu/transfer/apply.
- For the Transfer Course Equivalency information, please visit the following website – https://compass-ssb.tamu.edu/pls/PROD/bwxkwtes.P_TransEquivMain.
- The transfer application allows students to select a first and second choice major. The Department of Agricultural Economics will ONLY consider second choice majors when the first choice major was in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. If you apply to AGBU and you want to be considered for AGEC if you are not admitted to AGBU, your second choice must be AGEC.
- Students applying for the Summer or Fall semester, may have an opportunity to have your application reviewed again to include your Spring grades and classes as long as your official transcript from the college you were attending in the Spring is received by TAMU no later than June 1. Your application will be reviewed again ONLY if your COMPLETE application packet was received by the application deadline. *This spring grade policy is currently under review by TAMU and may change for the Summer/Fall 2021 admission term.
- In calculating your overall or priority courses GPR, TAMU does NOT exclude grades of repeated transferable coursework.