- Instructional Assistant Professor
- 316.2 HECM
- Website: https://mcallen.tamu.edu/
- Undergraduate Education
- B.S. Agricultural Economics, Nong Lam University, Vietnam, 2004
- Graduate Education
- M.S. Fisheries and Aquaculture Economics and Management University of Tromsø, Tromsø, Norway, 2009
- Ph.D. Applied Economics, Auburn University, Auburn, AL USA, 2016.
Areas of Expertise
- International trade and policy analysis
- Supply chain and management
- Consumer preferences and information valuation
Ly Nguyen is an Instructional Assistant Professor of Agricultural Economics at Texas A&M University. Nguyen joined the Department of Agricultural Economics in 2022 after conducting her postdoctoral research at the University of Florida. She taught undergraduate and graduate courses in the area of agribusiness, agricultural economics, fundamentals of agricultural economic analysis, environmental and natural resource economics, and international trade and policy. Her research focuses on agricultural trade and policy analysis, consumer behavior and preferences, agricultural production waste and efficiency, and the supply chain of agricultural products.