If you plan to change majors, you must make a request by submitting a change of major request form found in Howdy under the record tab.
The minimum requirements necessary for admission into the Department of Agricultural Economics as an on-campus change of major applicant are listed below. Admission into the AGBU program is competitive and meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee that you acceptance into the AGBU program.
- Must have completed at least 12 graded hours at
- Must have a minimum cumulative TAMU GPR of 2.75 or
- Must have completed at least 2 of the following courses: AGEC 105; ACCT 209/229; ACCT 210/230; ECON 202; ECON
- Must have completed MATH 140 or the equivalent to this
- Must have completed MATH 142 or the equivalent to this
- Must have a GPR of at least a 2.0 in major. AGBU applicants must have a GPR of at least a 2.0 in CBK courses. Only courses attempted at TAMU will be used in the GPR calculations for these
- Major course work for AGEC students are any AGEC
- Major course work for AGBU students are: AGEC 105, ECON 323, AGEC 317, AGEC 340, AGEC 414, AGEC 429, and AGEC 430 or ECON
- CBK course work for AGBU students are: ECON 202; ECON 203; ACCT 229; ACCT 230; MGMT 211; AGEC 217; STAT 303, 302, 301, or SCMT 303; SCMT 364; FINC 341; MGMT 363; MKTG 321; AGEC 440; and AGEC
- In addition to meeting the above requirements, Blinn Team students must also meet the terms of their Blinn Team contract in order to be considered for possible acceptance into the AGEC
Eligible students will be allowed to initiate a change of curriculum request starting ten business days after final grades post and ending on the 20th day of the semester. Student must be notified of a decision regarding their change of curriculum request on or before ten business days after posting of final grades. The curriculum change will be effective for the next academic term (per Texas A&M University Student Rule 5 Change of Curriculum).
It is the student’s responsibility to make sure courses completed at other colleges are transferred to TAMU..
If you are admitted to the Department of Agricultural Economics you will be required to attend a mandatory new student meeting.