Each year, our program holds two flagship events, thanks to the generous support of our donors and supporters: Agribusiness Entrepreneurship Mentorship Forum and the Entrepreneurial Dreams Symposium. At each event, our students have the opportunity to present their ideas and network with industry professionals. For questions on how to get involved, email Dr. Ed Rister or Merritt Weeks.
Agribusiness Entrepreneurship Mentoring Forum
The value of the program is amplified by the one-on-one mentorship interaction students have with numerous successful entrepreneurs and other business leaders and professionals. Each spring, mentors visit College Station to meet with students in the AGEC 425 course. Students learn to pitch their business plans and ask for feedback from mentors who are successful entrepreneurs and industry leaders.
- 2022 Kathi & Murray Edwards ’73 Agribusiness Entrepreneurship Mentoring Forum
- 2021 Kathi & Murray Edwards ’73 Agribusiness Entrepreneurship Mentoring Forum
Entrepreneurial Dreams Symposium
Thanks to our partnership with the Texas Farm Credit, our program hosts the annual Entrepreneurial Dreams Symposium. Here, students in the AGEC 425 capstone course present their business pitches before a public audience and panel of judges.
- 2023 Texas Farm Credit Entrepreneurial Dreams Symposium
- 2022 Preliminary Business Pitch Competition and Texas Farm Credit Entrepreneurial Dreams Symposium
- 2021 Texas Farm Credit Entrepreneurial Dreams Symposium
Preliminary Business Pitch Competition
Prior to the Symposium, students will compete to earn a spot in the semifinal business pitch presentation. Students can pre-record their presentations and submit for review or present live.
For information on how to get involved or participate in one of our events, we encourage you to reach out to our leadership team.