- Assistant Professor and Extension Specialist
- Texas A&M AgriLife Research and Extension Center at Vernon
- (940) 647-3908
- Undergraduate Education
- B.S. Production Engineering, Argentine Catholic University
- Graduate Education
- M.S. Agricultural Economics, Texas A&M University
- Master of Agribusiness, Texas A&M University
Areas of Expertise
- Farm and Ranch Management
- Livestock Economics
- Financial and Economic Profitability Analyses
- Marketing, Resources, and Policy
Francisco Abelló is an assistant professor in the Department of Agricultural Economics and Extension economist for management at Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service for District 3. Abelló, Ph.D. provides district leadership and coordination for Extension education programs. He has more than 16 years of agricultural and livestock production experience, consulting, extension service, financial, economic and agribusiness analyses, and strategic planning for commercial farming and ranching operations, and agricultural investment funds.
Prior to joining Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service, Abelló was CEO of all farms and ranchers managed by TraulenCo, a management and administration firm in Argentina, and provided consulting in Latin America for private equity investments and capital management funds.