- Instructional Associate Professor and Associate Head for Undergraduate Programs
- AGLS 214I
- (979) 845-4911
- Undergraduate Education
- B.S. Animal Science, Texas A&M University
- B.S. Agricultural Economics, Texas A&M University
- Graduate Education
- M.S. Agricultural Economics, Texas A&M University
- Ph.D. Education Administration, Texas A&M University
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Marion Teaching Award (2021)
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Honor Professor Award (2020)
- Association of Former Students Distinguished Achievement Award for College-Level Teaching (2012)
- Student Led Award for Teaching Excellence (2008)
Max “Dusty” Menzies, Ph.D. is an instructional assistant professor in the Department of Agricultural Economics. He has been employed at Texas A&M University for 25 years, where he has taught over 3,000 students. Menzies was a part of both the College of Agriculture and Life Science’s inaugural Critical Thinking Fellowship and First-Year Friendly Faculty initiatives.
Menzies has mentored students in three organizations and has helped raise over $100,000 in grants for those organizations. His Academic Quiz Bowl teams have recorded three top-five teams in the past four years. He has served two national associations as student section advisor and has organized the section’s participation in annual meetings during that time. His most challenging and rewarding activities have been the nine study abroad trips to Scotland and Ireland that he has developed, organized and led for over 170 students.