- Director of Brazos Valley Small Business Development Center
- Website: https://www.sbdc.uh.edu/BrazosValley
- Undergraduate Education
- North Texas State - Marketing
- Graduate Education
- North Texas State - MBA
Jim Pillans is the Director of the Brazos Valley SBDC, which was established in 1988 to help businesses grow and succeed by providing professional business consulting and training services. Their staff has over 90 years of combined experience as business owners/managers/consultants. They provide free, confidential, one-on-one business consulting services and affordable small business training seminars for both new and existing businesses.
As a business advisor, Jim is certified in Technology & Commercialization and as a certified Global Business Professional. He has won the SBDC State Star award twice, as the most productive consultant in the Gulf Coast Region. Before joining the SBDC, Jim obtained his BBA and MBA from the University of North Texas and was employed by two Fortune 100 consumer product companies before serving as a partner and general manager of a large beverage distribution company in BCS for almost 20 years. He has served on several boards, including the Bryan Business Council, Bryan Main Street, Brazos Beautiful, Junior League, and Crime Stoppers, and has served as chairman of the Stewardship and Transportation Committees at First United Methodist Church.
Jim and his late wife, Vera, have three Texas A&M graduates, and he is the proud grandparent to four future Aggies.
- View publications on 2022 Professor-for-a-Day
- View publications on 2021 Professor-for-a-Day
- View publications on 2020 Professor-for-a-Day
- View publications on 2019 Professor-for-a-Day
- View publications on 2018 Professor-for-a-Day